Shipping Container Ramps | Industrial Solutions
Copperloy® shipping container ramps are designed to optimize space, improve productivity, and ensure safety. Leading the industry in custom steel fabrication, Copperloy mastered America’s ultimate ramp. The innovative, one-cylinder shipping container ramp utilizes less pressure to raise the ramp. In comparison to traditional yard ramps that use two-cylinder hydraulic systems, this change results in:
- User-Friendliness – The pump, located on the outside of the container ramp frame, allows for convenient access.
- Faster lift times – Create desired positioning of the ramp up to two and a half times faster than a standard ramp.
- Less wear and tear – Rotation takes place on the redesigned positioning sleeve versus the ramp connection. In turn, decreasing wear on the ramp structure.
- Greater stability – Centrally located cylinder reduces the likelihood of tipping.
- Solid-filled pneumatic tires – Dominate rugged terrain and reduce the chance of punctures or air pressure issues.
Shipping Container Loading Equipment | Copperloy Yard Ramp
With years of experience and an exceptional history of success, Copperloy’s objective is to simplify shipping container loading and unloading tasks with increased safety, efficiency, and productivity. Therefore, Copperloy engineered a shipping container ramp, serving as a container unloading platform unlike any other.
How to Unload a Container Safely with Copperloy Container Ramp
Copperloy shipping container ramps are expertly engineered with the highest level of safety and performance. Key safety features make unloading containers a breeze.
- 8-Foot Level Off – An 8-foot level off feature gives forklifts easy access onto containers and loading platforms. Particularly on mobile ramps, this feature provides excelled stability.
- 15-Inch Lip – A 15-inch lip securely sits on the platform. Mobile ramps feature safety chains. These benefits are designed to ensure the ramp doesn’t pull away.
- Hydraulic Pump – In comparison to competitors, a single-acting hydraulic hand pump requires minimal effort to lift. Additionally, the pump is placed in a new location for easy maintenance and to protect against dirt, debris, and damage.
- Deck Grating – Engineered for durability, high-strength steel grating bars are standard on all Copperloy ramps. Spaced bars allow snow, rain, and other debris to fall through. A serrated grating is part of the ramp’s design, ensuring a high-traction running surface in all weather.
- Low End Plate – A low end plate shorter than the wheelbase of most forklifts is designed to enable front drive wheels to reach high-traction grating. Meanwhile, rear wheels are still in contact with the ground.
- Safety Curbs – 7-inch curbs, standard on all Copperloy ramps, help prevent accidental runoff.
Shipping Container Ramp | A Step Above the Competition
All Copperloy ramps, including forklift ramps for containers, outweigh the capacities of many competitors. Additionally, Copperloy products are proudly manufactured in the USA. Watch the video below to discover how Copperloy’s ramps measure up to standard ramps.